Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The customer is not always right!

We have so many nice customers come in the store on a regular basis and it is great to get to know them by name and who they are as people instead of just seeing random faces. But on occasion we get "that" customer (you know who I'm talking about....the person from the moment they walk up you can tell that they think they are better than you, FYI they're not!) Well we had one of those last night and it was all I could do not to tell her exactly what I thought! When I am following my company's policies and procedures, to the T, don't try to tell me how I should do things. I had already explained to the customer what the policy was and she replies "Well it wouldn't be a problem at Food Lion" and my immediate thought was to say, "Ma'am did you read the sign on the storefront on your way in because I'm pretty sure it didn't say Food Lion. Thank you have a wonderful evening." But I didn't and thus I still have my job LOL! But I just thought I would share that with everyone, and remember next time you go in somewhere the people who are working there are people too, so it would be nice if you could treat us that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment