Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009

WOW! It has been quite a long time since I last posted a blog. But, it is never to late to tell you about the goings on in my life. 2009 was a great year, I enjoyed it and I had plenty of amazing times with friends and family. I just wanted to mention a few things that to me made 2009 a great year.

I have worked at The Fresh Market since April, and since that time I have worked my way up from a courtesy clerk (grocery bagger) to the assistant manager of the deli. Quite a stretch in just a few short months if I do say so myself. I work with some of the best people imaginable, they are lively, creative, and down right hillarious at times. They are the kind of people who make it enjoyable to go to work each and every day. At this point in my life I cannot imagine working with a better company.

Adventures with friends and family, where shall I begin? I could start with Pirate Football, trips to Atlantic Beach with Rachel, random times being at home with my family (always good times), hanging out with the Averys, Busch Gardens, carving pumpkins with family (both blood family and those whom I claim as family), or just playing COD with Josh, Tim, and Matt well into the early hours of the morning. All great times!!!

I'm gonna start with football just because the Pirates are playing in the 51st Autozone Liberty Bowl today. If you've ever been to a Pirate football game and heard Purple Haze playing in Dowdy Ficklen Stadium to the thunderous applause of 43,000+ as the Pirates run onto the field led out by Skip Holtz himself then you know what it means to have a good time. We have painted our faces, dressed in all black for the black out against Virginia Tech, yelled, screamed, and cheered until we were purple in the face and it was fun every single moment (winning or losing). And on a side note when I say we yelled, screamed, and cheered I mean it, my boss actually planned for the fact that I would not have a voice the next day after a game. All this dedication led to back to back C-USA titles and yet another appearance in the Liberty Bowl. Good times to say the least.

Over the summer Rachel and I got into the habit of going down to Atlantic Beach for the day whenever I had a day off from work and I must say those days at the beach really stick out in my mind as some of the best times I've had all year. I cannot convey to you in words how relaxing it is to just go to the beach for the day after working 40 hours that week and just chilling with the person you love. Absoloutely amazing! It is a summer tradition I hope to continue in 2010 as much as possible.

For anyone who has ever met my family you know what amazing people they are. We are the kind of people who meet you at the door with a hug and welcome you with open arms. I am so proud that that is the way I was raised and I think it contributes greatly to who I am today. But needless to say whenever Josh, or I, or both of us go home we always have a good time. Honestly though how could you not when your family genuinely wants to spend time with you and wants to have fun. We always have lunch together (Grandma and Grandy included) and whenever I go home San Jose is a must. For those of you who aren't familiar with Rocky Mount San Jose is probably the best Mexican restaraunt there and my personal favorite. And on one special occasion every year we all gather in Rocky Mount to carve pumpkins. And when I say we I mean my family and anyone else I consider family. Honeslty it is my favorite time of the year hands down. We get our pumpkins, pick out a pattern to carve, carve our little hearts out, all the while talking and joking and laughing. It truly is a wonderful time. The carving of pumpkins is usually followed by a bonfire which again is always fun. I am just truly thankful for an awesome family.

Always around that same time of year as our pumpkin carving comes the annual trip to Busch Gardens for Howl-O-Scream. This year the group was Me, Rach, Sofi, Brittany and Matt (who are the only two non-Pirates who I would give honorary Pirate status to.......Matt would probably get this) This year Rachel, Sofi, and I drove up to VA and met Matt and Brittany there. We rode all the rides and went through the haunted houses which were amazing as usual and had a genuinely good time. It was nice to get to hang out with everybody and ride rides and such.

Have I mentioned the Averys yet in this post??? Because if I haven't let me just say they are AWESOME!!!!!!! Rachel watches Molly and Lily while Chris and Amanda are at work on Wednesdays and Fridays so we have both gotten in some quality Avery time in the past year, both with the girls and Chris and Amanda. I couldn't ask for two funnier kids to be around and I couldn't ask for two better friends in Amanda and Chris.

I've had many good times this year and I hope that 2010 holds as much excitement for me as 2009 has. I do have a few goals for 2010 though that I aim to make happen. First I would like to travel more (both with work and personally), I want to save some money/manage my money wisely, I would also like to set a goal to eat at home more often and not eat so much fast food.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment