Sunday, February 8, 2009

Horses...



As most of y'all know horses have been a big part of my life since last year when Leslie Donnelly, one of the coolest people I have met since being in college, taught me how to ride. Ever since then rarely a day has gone by where I haven't been around a horse. I feel like being around horses is just one of the many wonderful experiences I have had since coming to ECU but, it is by far one of the most important to me. If you have been around me for more than 15 minutes you have probably heard me mention a name like Egan or Merganzer or Callie. Just for the record these are names of horses out at Sanctuary Farm. They are all unique and have very distinct personality traits that make them special. My current job out at Sanctuary is to feed and care for the horses on a daily basis. This is something I really enjoy being able to do because it gives me a chance to be around animals as well as an opportunity to learn about horse care. My hope is that one day I will have learned enough to have a barn of my own and I will be able to look back and know that it was these opportunities that gave me the experience needed to fulfill my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment